[mythtv-users] Serial port Infrared Tx/Rx

Justin Cain jcain at the-cains.com
Tue Sep 9 17:42:11 EDT 2003

RX for sure, RX and TX might be pushing it. It will also really depend
on the circuits you chose to use (powered or not for TX) and how much
you value you serial port (simple or more advanced TX circuit). The one
I have built is set up to fit into a PC back plate and has 4 external
(3TX /1RX) head phone jacks and 4 (3TX /1RX)internal headers as well. I
also provided support for an  external serial loop and internal serial
header connection and pull power from the power supply.  LMK if you are
interested in the schematics, they need a little tweaking, but they are
functional and possibly a good starting point for crafting your own.

Justin Cain
jcain at the-cains.com