[mythtv-users] what is mythbackend doing when in livetv with pvr250?

and hons at rcn.com
Tue Sep 9 11:41:29 EDT 2003

I've been looking trough the previous posts, but can't find an answer
to this so here goes and I apologize if it has already been fully
explained.

On my epia m10k with pvr250 running 720x480 2/3mb I have been wondering
what the backend it doing....

The pvr250 encodes the files into mpeg, but when I run top from an
other computer while in livetv it sometimes runs ~20% mythbackend and
at other times it runs only 1-2%. Mythfrontend is running 50-70% with
de-interlacing and jitter reduction on.

I was thinking that it might be transcoding.....

rgds
anders