[mythtv-users] Deleting channels from listings and error 1045 from mysql

and hons at rcn.com
Mon Sep 8 23:36:56 EDT 2003

Jarod,
I jumped the gun and realized as I cliked the send button why it might
not have worked for me:
I forgot to specify use and password... ;-)

So when I did: "mysql -u root -p mythconverg", everything worked fine.
sorry about that
rgds
anders

On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 10:19 PM, and wrote:

> Jarod,
>
> I've been trying to delete some of the more obscure channels on my
> local listing, but get an error, from mysql when I try to open the
> mythconverg database as you describe below.... My setup is done along
> the lines of your how-to, so I'm a little baffled... ;-)
>
> No matter if I use root or mythtv user account I get the same error:
> __
> [mythtv at epia mythtv]$ mysql mythconverg
> ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using
> password: NO)
> __
> [root at epia mythtv]# mysql mythconverg
> ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using password:
> NO)
> __
>
> Any suggestions?
> What can I have done wrong?
>
> The only thing I can think of is that I changed network card from the
> build-in one to an external usb based wireless dongle, but I kept ip
> settings the same as well as the host name.
>
> thanks
> anders
>

>>> Isaac, I think what he wanted to know was 'how do I suppress a
>>> channel that
>>> was automatically configured through XMLTV when I ran the backend
>>> setup?'
>>>
>>> Ray, what you need to do is find the XML file for your video source.
>>>  It
>>> should be in ${HOME}/.mythtv/<sourcename>.xmltv (where ${HOME} is
>>> for the
>>> user that runs mythbackend and mythfilldatabase).
>>>
>>> Simply open up that file and comment out ('#' character) any channel
>>> you
>>> don't want.  It will no longer get program data for that channel.
>>> Now, to
>>> keep the empty channel from showing up in your EPG, you need to drop
>>> it from
>>> the database.  Try the following:
>>>
>>> 	% mysql mythconverg
>>> 	mysql> select chanid, channum, name from channel;
>>>
>>> This will list all the channels in your database.  Note the 'chanid'
>>> value
>>> for the channel(s) you want to remove.  Suppose the chanid is '1050'