[mythtv-users] mythtranscode to avi works with mencoder 1.0pre1

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 20:42:47 EDT 2003

I was among the people for whom ffmpeg only saw a few frames from the mythtranscode.  I tried the following

mencoder -audiofile fifodir/audout -audio-demuxer 20 -rawaudio rate=32000 -rawvideo on:w=480:h=480:fps=29.97 -vf scale=640:480 -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -o out.avi fifodir/vidout

using mencoder-0.91.  No dice.  With --fifosync, there's a deadlock for some reason.  Without --fifosync, it keeps having to allocate audio buffers, despite the several additional rawaudio parameters I tried.

With mencoder-1.0pre1 (just posted within the last day or so), the command above works just fine.  I did not use --fifosync, but it might work either way (it shouldn't be needed if one program is reading both streams?).  Maybe this is something in the new release, or maybe it's something I did wrong in building 0.91 (I'd applied the 0.90 patch).