[mythtv-users] kt133 problem question

Chris Teachworth Chris at emanet.com
Mon Sep 8 18:03:35 EDT 2003

	There was some discussion on the ivtv mailing list recently about a tweak that seems to have worked for me. I was having random lockups with a pvr-250 and a KT133 based board but disabling the unmaskirq parameter seems to have made it stop. It's been two days since I did it and I haven't had a lockup since. Looks like it might not be working for everyone though. The ivtv site is down right now so I can't post a link to the thread but it's under the heading "Chipset/Motherboard recommendations". Here's the post I followed, didn't try patching the drivers, just disabled unmaskirq:

	El Viernes, 5 de Septiembre de 2003 18:57, kevin thayer escribió:
	> thanks david!
	>
	> Can someone else using VIA and having issues give this
	> a try?
	>
	> as far as your patch goes, we'll soon have a new
	> version of ivtv out which should fix a lot of stuff,
	> that included.

	Hi all.

	First I applied the ivtv.h patch and the system hungs after 11 minutes 	of recording (as usual). Now I disabled the "unmaskirq" param with 	hdparm. I'll tell you the result (tomorrow, hopefully).

	My system: Athlon 700 in a VIA KT133 based motherboard, 512MB RAM, 	PVR-350 and
	Gentoo-Linux with 2.4.20-gentoo-r5 kernel

	Greetings

	--

	Saludos

	Francisco José Lazur