[mythtv-users] RE:54G wireless info

None Spencer kachaffeous at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 8 22:29:44 EDT 2003

Sorry for the delay in getting back with everyone, busy weekend.

>Any chance you could try a HD video over that wireless? I'd be curious
>how well it works. Mail me if you need a demo clip.
>
>--Brandon

I don't have any HD video and I'm on dialup, so this probably won't happen
:(

>Is the WGA54G Just a Ethernet-WirelessG bridge? Could I just
>plug it into a regular pc or is there nothing about that that
>"requires" a game system?
>
>The reason I ask is that I wanted to get wireless G for my MythTV box,
>but was under the impression that there is little to no support for it
>under Linux and was thinking a bridge would be the way to go.

   It appears to be a bridge w/o the web interface module.  I successfully
hooked
it up directly to a PC with no problems.  I was also able to hook it up to a
hub.
Because it is a bridge it will work with anything that has a ethernet port.

As for my setup I'm using Linksys all the way (no reason why).  I have the
WRT54G (4port switch/router/wap), and the game adapter WGA54G hooked to the
xbox running
the Myth xbox distro provided by Dennis Cartier. The backend is a P750 with
a  PVR-250
    bitrate     : 4500000
    bitrate_peak: 6000000
    res: 720x480

Like I said earlier, works like a champ :)
Thanks for the great products.