[mythtv-users] resolution discussion

Jeff Williams JeffW at rockstargames.com
Mon Sep 8 14:15:23 EDT 2003

Is VGA really better than component?  They are both high-resolution analog connections, but what are the technical differences?  My understanding was that if you really wanted better quality than component on a TV, you need to just go all-digital through DVI to an LCD or plasma set with real digital pixels (as opposed to a CRT-based HDTV, or something, where DVI would really be pretty useless since you're just converting to analog in the TV anyway).