[mythtv-users] resolution discussion

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Sep 7 23:56:55 EDT 2003

On Sunday, Sep 7, 2003, at 16:24 US/Pacific, Derek Anderson wrote:

> > Uh, the 42" Gateway plasma TV I'm seeing is a full-blown HDTV, and
> can
> > do up to 1080 lines...
>
> haha.  ok, so what was that like, released yesterday?  ;-p  that's
> great!  and ~$4k isn't bad.  i was talking about the EDTV model
> however.   $2700 :)

Not sure how recently it was released... I don't follow Gateway
closely, partially because I refuse to ever buy any of their crap (I
have philosophical differences with them). Also, if you're going to
spend that much money on a TV, I'd be hesitant to buy anything BUT a
full-fledged HDTV... What benefit is there to getting a castrated,
overpriced set, more or less halfway between standards (NTSC & ATSC)?
Just my $.02... :)

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE