[mythtv-users] pre and post record?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Sep 7 18:37:07 EDT 2003

I've been having some trouble lately with my recordings having their
beginnings getting cut off because the stations start broadcasting
early, so I decided to bump up my pre-record (and post-record, just in
case) to 120 seconds.  I just checked a recording that recently finished
- nothing set to record before or after, and the hour-long show is
59:13.  I managed to get the whole show (luckily), but I would not have
if my clock was a second different (thankfully, this channel seems to be
aligned with my preferred ntp server).

Anyway, I'm wondering how an hour-long show wouls get recorded at under
60 minutes, ESPECIALLY since I told it to record 2 minutes extra before
and after the show...  I've checked many of my past recordings (back
when I only pre/post recorded 60 seconds, and they're ALL about 45
seconds shy of either 30 or 60 minutes, with no sign of the pre/post
record ever happening....

Is there something I need to enable besides just setting the pre/post
values in the setup?

using cvs from a few days ago.

-Chris