[mythtv-users] Re:Still having problems with Remote-Frontend (SJF)

Steven J. Finnegan sjf at controlsoftcorp.com
Sat Sep 6 17:53:55 EDT 2003

At 14:48 9/6/2003, you wrote:
>On Wednesday 03 September 2003 02:32 pm, Steven J. Finnegan wrote:
> > I have updated my Combo-Front/Backend and my Remote-Frontend to all be
> > running CVS as of this morning (9/3).
><snip>
> > The Remote-Frontend works fine as long as Recording Previews are disabled.
>
>Can you try current CVS?  I don't know if what I just changed will help any,
>but...
>
>Isaac

Isaac:
It seems to be working better now -- I don't see it locking up, but there
is still a perceived problem.
On a local Front/Back system, the previews come up almost immediately (less
than a second). However, on a remote frontend, the preview takes over 4
seconds to start, and during this time any other keypresses are ignored.
This makes it rather difficult to scan thru the entries. Can this be
speeded up? If not, how about allowing the processing of keypresses during
the dead time, so the user could scroll thru the list without having to
wait at each entry for the preview to start.

Thanks,
sjf

Well, I take it back -- It seems to be locking up the SECOND time the
"watch recording" screen is entered. The first entry into the screen is as
described above. I don't know if it ALWAYS locks the second time, and never
the first time, but it has done this consistently now in 2 out of 2 tries.

sjf

Steven J. Finnegan, President
Controlsoft Corporation
Phone: (760) 747-5632