[mythtv-users] pundit audio trouble

George Herndon gherndon at eyeontech.com
Sat Sep 6 14:24:30 EDT 2003

hi,

i'm struggling to get ALSA (0.9.2) running on my new pundit.

i'm running gentoo 1.4 kernel using the current stable gentoo-sources
based on on 2.4.22-rc5 and sound is enabled.

i haven't been able to compile the sis7012 driver from the included
asus cd ( network driver compiled no trouble) and the snd-intel8x0
driver that is included with my current build fails on boot.

where are u fellow pundit users getting your sis7012 driver from?
should i try a newer ALSA?  how do i configure gentoo to allow me to
emerge an unstable version of ALSA (0.9.6 maybe)?

thanks in advance.

george