[mythtv-users] Cheap network wireless solution...

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 08:36:27 EDT 2003

Apparently, there are some inexpensive 10bT to WiFi adapters out there, which would eliminate any concern about drivers for USB WiFi devices.  I was excited to try KnoppMyth3 on my laptop, then found (no big surprise) that Knoppix didn't find my usb wireless box (my PCCard connector is broken).

and <hons at rcn.com> wrote:I just bought a 802.11b wireless usb dongle (35$ lanready wub1500
-atmel linux driver) in the hope to do just that. I'm on an epia m10k
board so my only option is usb as my pci slot is occupied by my pvr250
card. Gives some placement benefits as I can move it around to get good
reception....

According to the documentation it should be pretty straight forward and
work well. I compiled the driver without complaints a while ago on rh9,
but have since reinstalled and changed hard drives to get myth working
well, so many times that I've lost track of the source....When I find
it and install it I can let you know how it performs.

rgds
anders