[mythtv-users] Nehemiah Performance

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Sat Sep 6 13:22:44 EDT 2003

Isaac, could you tell me what your /etc/modules.conf looks like?

Because the only way I can get things to work right now after a reboot
is by:

- modprobing ivtv
- running the VIA vinstall script

Things is that the changes the script make to the modules.conf mess up
ivtv which doesn't want to start afterwards because the via_v4l_drv gets
in its way. And if I leave the modprobes in /etc/rc.d/rc.local that the
install script puts there the next time I reboot ivtv won't work anymore.

So it seems the exact order of activating the modules is very important
I'm just not proficient enough to figure it out :-/
It seems to me it should be possible to put the lines in the
modules.conf in such a way that no modprobes are necessary in rc.local?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
 -Tako

PS: THis is what my modules.conf looks like right now:

alias eth0 via-rhine
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd

# OSS sound stuff
#alias sound-slot-0 via82cxxx_audio
#post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
 >/dev/null 2>&
1 || :
#pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
 >/dev/null 2>&1
|| :

# ALSA sound stuff
alias char-major-116 snd