[mythtv-users] Sigma NetStream 2000

Jayson Garrell kyi at kyi.sytes.net
Fri Sep 5 10:40:59 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 09:17, Snowcrash wrote:

>             These seem to have some Linux support, has anyone tried
> them?  www.compgeeks.com has them for $35 right now.  Thought it might
> go well with my pvr-250?

If all you want to do is decode a mpeg then get a different card. The
Netstream2000 does work for that but is best at streaming, playing over
a network, etc... The holywood+ / dxr3 is basically the same card but
does it css encryption in software whereas the netstream2000 does css in
hardware (that the reason that there are linux drivers from the mfg). As
for support on the card forget it Sigma has pretty much ignored us linux
users, you can get updated drivers & apps for it from them mayby once a
year.

This all makes me pretty hot as I bought that card 3 years ago for $250
so I could watch dvd's in linux because dvd software in linux at the
time was crappy at best.

If you do get the card, goto www.sigmadesigns.com and get their
driver/app tarball for it. The package does come with some sample code &
the api so it's possiable you could get it to work in myth.

Jayson Garrell