[mythtv-users] Geforce2 and Overscan

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 07:54:26 EDT 2003

The need to turn the TV off then back on may have
something to do with xfree
config settings, especially Twinview.  Nvtv does not
seem to expect Twinview
to be on when it starts.  With Twinview on and
800x600, I need to turn TV
off, wait until the TV shows a blue screen, then turn
TV back on.  Then the
picture is fine.  I believe that for different modes
nvtv needs to find
nividia register values (clock dividers, etc) to get
the timing right, and
this may stretch the sync range of a given TV.  If I
have this right, this
is why you may need to fiddle with the settings for a
particular TV (in
addition to different TVs having different amounts of
overscan to begin
with).  This may also be why nvidia doesn't support
overscan with these
cards.  Perhaps the newer cards have finer or more
flexible control over
timing.

*****E-Mail Confidentiality Notice*****
information intended for a
specific individual(s) and purpose that may be
privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to
applicable law.  Any
inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the
message is strictly
prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalty.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please reply to
the sender indicating
this error and delete the transmission from your
system immediately.