[mythtv-users] 54G wireless info

Tom Trelvik mythtvuser at triple-t.org
Fri Sep 5 10:39:49 EDT 2003

	Out of curiosity, was this tested in a pure 802.11g environment, or was
there a mix of b & g clients?  That will half your effective throughput.
  If that was in a pure g environment, have you tried throwing a b
client into the mix to see if the throughput is still sufficient?

	O'Reilly put out an excellent summarization of the pros and cons of the
different 802.11's:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/wireless/2003/08/08/wireless_throughput.html

Tom