[mythtv-users] can't get lirc to work on rh9 and pvr250

and hons at rcn.com
Thu Sep 4 23:43:56 EDT 2003

I've been fighting with lirc and alsa the last few days and everything
seemed fine, but I just can't get lirc to work... I've been following
Jarods howto and it's been really helpfull and I'm very impressed.

I'm using a pvr250rev1 card and the stock redhat kernel 2.4.20-8 (to be
able to use VIA drivers) and an epia m10K. Everyting goes fine until I
try to ," /sbin/service lircd start ". I only get one OK.The first
infrared remote control daemon won't start, but the mouse daemon will...

/var/log/lircd looks fine

I ahve some "lircd(pctv) ready" lines, followed by some "accepted new
client on /dev/lircd" lines. I even get a few "caught signal" lines ,
but haven't seen any actions from these yet.....
I get no errors when I load any other drivers (I think... ;-)
irxevent is running and I have otherwise followed the howto  closely.

Any suggestions?

thanks
anders

OT: Alsa was a hard nut to crack, as they would compile and install
fine, but wouldn't load...,but with the help from someone on the alsa
list I found that the symbol error problem was due to the redhat
modified kernel and I had to add a file after ./configure, but before
compiling. read more here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/
msg08312.html