[mythtv-users] Recommendations for quiet Athlon cooling?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 4 23:36:58 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Sep 4, 2003, at 22:17 US/Pacific, Joe Votour wrote:

> I've also had good success with a
> ThermalTake Volcano 7+ (it has an adjustable fan,
> low/medium/high),

Likewise. I've got one of those in my WinXP box. Scores very well on
that heatsink review site... I believe it had the second best score of
any heatsink when running in high-speed fan mode. It is still very
solid with the fan on low, and runs pretty quiet at that setting.

> but it's big and bulky.

Yeah, it's a bit of a beast... :)

--Jarod

--