[mythtv-users] Chipset/motherboard recommendations

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 4 22:50:18 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Sep 4, 2003, at 13:28 US/Pacific, David Engel wrote:

>> Personally, I've used 2 different boards with MythTV and a PVR-250,
>> and
>> had no problems with either of them.
>> 1) MSI KM2M Combo-L (Via KM-266 chipset; this is in my current
>> production MythTV system)
>
> Strange!  My current system uses a Biostar M7VIQ with the KM266
> chipset and it is having the DMA problem.

Go figure... Well, some motherboards interface with the chipsets in
slightly different ways... The bulk of the VIA problems are with the
KT133 chipset, but I guess it isn't limited strictly to that one... :(

I think for my next board, I'm going to get adventurous and try an
nForce2-based Asus A7N8X-VM...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE