[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users_Digest,_Vol_8,_Issue_15

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 12:12:42 EDT 2003

On Thursday 04 September 2003 14:13, John Wells wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a low noise cooling solution
>for Athlons that actually cools?

I use the Arctic Cooling Copper Silent Pro TC
in both my MythTV box and my Windows box.

http://www.svc.com/narcocositc.html

http://www.silentpcreview.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=48&page=1

Also, remember that the best way to cool is not
to generate heat in the first place.  One way
to do this is through a more efficient power supply
(heat = lost efficiency; a 100% efficient power
supply will generate zero heat).  Besides, a
MythTV box running 24/7 can up your electric bill
noticably.  For these reasons, I use the
Seasonic Super Silencer in the Windows box and
the Seasonic Super Tornado in the MythTV box.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=28&page=2

http://www.computergate.com/products/item.cfm?prodcd=P3ZO300FB

>From 3 feet away with the HDD's spun down and
the covers on, the MythTV box is dead silent.
On the Windows box, the chipset fans are the
noisiest component (the MythTV box uses passive
coolers for northbridge and VGA).

-Dennis

P.S. Both SVC and Computergate do "will-call" so
you can avoid shipping charges if you are in the
area.