[mythtv-users] tuner / sound cards for a low-profile case

Chad Vogelsong cvogelsong at intellimation.cc
Thu Sep 4 12:55:21 EDT 2003

If you view the picture here:
http://us.st7.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/directron_1756_32680351  you
will see the picture of the GeForce4 MX440 card I bought, close up.  If
you look at the VGA connector, you will see that it is connected via a
cable instead of directly onto the PCB.

The card came with the instruction book, driver CD, the small cable to
go from the card to RCA output and also 2 extra metal brackets.  If you
unscrew the 4 devices aroudn the VGA port and the Digital Out port, the
metal bracket comes off.  You can then put a "low profile" bracket
around the RCA out & Digital Out and screw back in the 2 devices on the
digital out to hold the bracket on.  The VGA port can then be screwed
into a separate bracket and installed in the next slot in the case.  I
lose the ability to use 1 PCI slot on the mother board because of this,
but it's nice to be able to do.

When the computer is nothing but a TV out for MythTV, I can get that PCI
slot back by just taking out the VGA connector and pulling it off the
card.

Chad