[mythtv-users] Channel changing delays

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Wed Sep 3 18:07:34 EDT 2003

I'm using an external changer, and there is a good 3 second delay
between when I hit the channel change button to when it actually tells
the changer to change -- then there's the few seconds of lag time for
the video to catch up.

also, it seems as if the backend has to do all kinds of stuff including
clearing out the ringbuffer in order to change channels.  i really dont
care if i accidentally back up in the last program i was watching --
so why not just issue a channel change when the channel is changed and
not worry 'bout reseting the audio deivce/flushign the buffers/etc..

-r

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 03:02:31PM -0700, Jarod Wilson sent me this...