[mythtv-users] Pundit / SPDIF out functionality verified (alsa/2.6.0-test4)

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Wed Sep 3 12:41:38 EDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 08:29:48AM -0700, Steve Davidson sent me this...
> FWIW, I have confirmed functionality of the SPDIF out port on the Pundit
> using alsa built in to 2.6.0-test4.  Have not yet tested the Broadcom
> adapter - the driver was hopelessly broken in 2.5.70...

it works fine for me -- though there are some problems with pumpd
(dhcpd) so I had to add a static route.  the driver that comes with the
pundit doesn't work with 2.6.0-test4 so you don't have much of a choise.

I had a bunch of stutterin issues with the alsa driver, so i'm using the
oss, but the light was lit on the s/pdif out when playing audio.

-r