[mythtv-users] Mythvideo Question

John Freer john_freer at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 07:07:05 EDT 2003

Hi All:

I'm experiencing a problem when I use Mythvideo to play a file with
mplayer (avi, mpg, etc).  If I set up Mythvideo(MV) to use:

  /usr/bin/mplayer -fs -vo xv -nolirc -nojoystick %s

Mythfrontend hangs and mplayer hangs (can see them in top, but can't
kill 'em or otherwise affect them without logging out).  Movie does
not play.

This command does work from an xterm window (successfully plays
movie, no hangs)

Though if I use (from Mythvideo):

  /usr/bin/mplayer -fs -vo xv -nolirc -nojoystick %s &

The ampsersand seems to make all the difference.  Movie plays fine,
no myth crash, I just have a window focus problem that the focus
doesn't come back to mythfrontend.

How do I make this work correctly?  What can I check next?

Thanks,
John.