[mythtv-users] Remotes, irxevent and menu navigation

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 08:02:08 EDT 2003

Oscar Carlsson said:
> Hello Joe,
>
> Tuesday, September 2, 2003, 3:11:25 AM, you wrote:
> JV> Out  of  curiosity,  what kind of remote do you use, Isaac? I'm
> looking into
> JV> being  able  to  use  a  decent  universal  remote control to get all
> of the
> JV> buttons that I need.
>
> Since I'm so damn happy with my remote, I'll say something here.
>
> http://www.universal-remote.com/htm/mx500/index.html
>
> She's a beauty, and there's plenty of room to create those special keys
> you need
> for something like Myth.
>
> Get one of these and you're ready to ditch every other remote :)

If you haven't wont the lotter you might look at the Sony RM-VL1000.  It
runs about $80 at Best Buy and friends but I found it online at Computer
Geeks for $39.50.  Been very happy with it.  It does Macros, all the keys
are learnable, has the joystick and LCD display like the above remote.

<http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=RMVL1000>

Michael