[mythtv-users] Re: A mini-howto for upgrading to linux 2.6.0-test4

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Tue Sep 2 01:10:27 EDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 03:29:25AM -0700, Jarod C. Wilson sent me this...
> On Monday, Reza Naima wrote:
>
> >In order to save people all the time I've spent dealing with upgrading
> >rh9 to use a 2.6 kernel, I wrote this -- hope it helps someone :
> >
> >http://www.reza.net/mythtv/
>
> Out of curiosity, did you ever try the 2.6 kernel rpms compiled by one
> of Red Hat's kernel package maintainers?
>
> http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.5/RPMS.kernel/
>
> Arjan doesn't have -test4 there just yet, though...

No, didn't try 'em..

> Also, in reading over your docs, the last part about the grub entry for
> the 2.6 kernel has a 2.4-at initrd image in it. I assume that isn't
> correct... :)

actually, i dont think it's requied as the most important thing the
initrd image does is load the ext3 fs support.  I've precompiled that
in.  I leave it there in case one of the other commands that are
version-nonspecific are requied..

Reza