[mythtv-users] Updating my cable channels and the sourceid DB field

Steve s019 at krans.org
Mon Sep 1 22:00:11 EDT 2003

I recently needed to go into setup and recreate my channels because of a
cable channel lineup change and afterwards I noticed that my "sourceid" DB
field is incremented and my channels (chanid) now are prepended with "90".
Either I did something I shouldn't have or that's the expected outcome.  If
the latter, I was wondering if I could safely go into the DB and manually
decrement the sourceid fields before running setup and clearing out my
channels to keep my "chanid" the same? I believe it exists in two tables:
cardinput and videosource.