[mythtv-users] Myth Frontend Segfaults w/dump (SJF)

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Sep 1 21:00:57 EDT 2003

On Monday 01 September 2003 07:24 pm, Steven J. Finnegan wrote:
> I have just set up a stand-alone Myth frontend. Everything seems to be
> working fine (live tv, recording playback, EPG, etc), with one exception.
> When the recorded-program previews are enabled, the frontend segfaults
> after about 2-seconds of displaying the recorded-programs screen. If the
> previews are disabled, no segfault occurs.
>
> My backend/frontend combination system works fine with previews enabled.
>
> The standalone-frontend source was checked out of CVS Aug 30. (The backend
> is a bit older).

Should be fixed in CVS.

> The GDB dump is attached.

If you send in any more backtraces, it would help a tiny bit to include all of
the output starting with the 'program exited with SIGSEGV' -- this says what
thread that actually died..  I had to guess with the backtrace you provided,
not that that took long with something so obvious =)

Isaac