[mythtv-users] MythTV / HDTV: DVI vs S-Video Interface Sugges tions

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Fri Oct 31 16:26:00 EST 2003

[snip]

> >  - Willy
> Willy, same card, using svid out.  I had to turn off deinterlacing,
> otherwise their was to much tearing.  Any advice on your
> setup you can
> offer?  TV?

All I know is when I turn off deinterlacing (un-check said checkbox), I get
the jittery horizontal lines, from the interlaced frames not lining up
properly (that's my layman's understanding of it anyways).  Turn it back on,
all is well.  I'm using a Sony Wega 27", with a Composite cable, connected
to the gf4mx's S-Video with the card's supplied adapter.  I believe I put
the setting in my XF86Config to set the format to "COMPOSITE", but I'm at
work right now so can't verify.  I would rather use an s-video cable, but at
the time (it's not running right now), I need about 20ft of length and I'm
cheap so composite it was :-)

- Willy