[mythtv-users] atrpms changes, testers needed, Jarod's guide

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Fri Oct 31 11:20:03 EST 2003

Hi,

due to several changes to atrpms I decided to move some parts
temporarily to the bleeding section.

The changes are mostly for Fedora Core 1 support due this
Monday. atrpms packages for it are already available ;)

The consequences of the move to the bleeding section are
+ Old users of mythtv won't get surprised by the new kernel modules
  available (good).
- New users of mythtv will not find the software under the more stable
  repos (bad).
  Jarod's guide will also not work as it is unless you enable
  at-bleeding (2xbad).

But you can help, if you are feeling risky with enabling at-bleeding
in your apt/yum config and run (dist-)upgrade your system. Please
report any problems/success to me directly. Be prepared to break your
system in at-bleeding!

Thanks!
P.S. The 0.12 rpms in at-bleeding seem to be OK, mythdvd was recently
rebuilt with the forgotten VSCD support.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de