[mythtv-users] RH9 and PVR-350: lirc and ivtv

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 30 20:03:09 EST 2003

On Oct 29, 2003, at 1:37 AM, Paul Crick wrote:

> And yes, ladies and gentleman, once again Jarod has proved that HE
> ROCKS!
> :-)

Heh, thank you. =]

> Other other quickie.. seems if I run mythfrontend as root all's well,
> but
> running it as the mythtv user, I get a blank screen as soon as I try to
> watch live TV. ESC won't get me back to the menu, I have to kill
> mythfrontend. Permissions problem I'm guessing, but not sure where?

I think someone already answered this (I've been somewhat out of the
loop for a few days due to an impending new job), but either /dev/dsp
or /dev/video0 would be the places to look first.

> Thanks again to Jarod - have you got a wishlist at Amazon, ThinkGeek,
> anywhere?

I don't. But now I wish I did! ;p

However, I'd say the first person to be gifted with anything should be
Isaac.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE