[mythtv-users] Backtrace for Mythfrontend hang

DanM dan at milkcarton.com
Thu Oct 30 19:11:20 EST 2003

What version of the nvidia driver were you using?  What mb chipset?  I
downgraded to the 4363 nvidia display driver and haven't had problems.

-dan

Jim Chandler wrote:

>OK,  I was curious since I saw similar issues, but I traced mine to the
>nvidia drivers that were causing X to hang.  Went to nv and an external
>scan converter and that solved my problem.
>
>Jim
>
>On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:21:14 -0800
>"Ben Stragnell" <mythlist at codepuppies.com> wrote:
>

>>Jim,
>>
>>No, not at all. I resumed mythfrontend (after being halted at the gdb
>>prompt for a while) and ran top. Now mythbackend is taking about 2%
>>periodically, and mythfrontend occasionally shows up with 0.3%.
>>Mythfrontend is still spewing out "waiting for prebuffer" messages.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Ben

main(){int j=1234;char t[]=":@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.\n",*i=
"iqgbgxmdzlolyb\nu.pax\nlek.n";char *strchr(const char*,int);
while(*i){j+=strchr(t,*i++)-t;j%=sizeof t-1;putchar(t[j]);}return 0;}