[mythtv-users] conflict resolution

James L. Paul james at mauibay.net
Wed Oct 29 13:03:18 EST 2003

Buchanan, Paul wrote:
>>I checked keys.txt and don't see anything that applies to the "Fix
>>Scheduling Conflicts" screen.
>

>>This hasn't been an issue for me until now, I haven't had any conflicts.
>

>>When I select a show in yellow, what key do I use to deactivate the
>>selected show?

> Pressing enter when a yellow entry is selected will give you a new screen
> with a listing of shows conflicting with the selection.  You can then select
> the preferred show.  There is also a checkbox to remember your preference in
> this particular situation.  I assume that this has not changed from .11, but
> I am not sure as I have not yet upgraded.

Thanks. For some reason this wasn't working, I could use ESC to quit the
screen but no other key was doing anything. It's fine now after
restarting the frontend.

This works fine for a conflict of only 2 shows, but I wish a conflict
was defined to include _all_ the shows that overlap, regardless of what
tuner they got assigned to, if there aren't enough tuners to record them
all.

Right now, if I have 2 tuners and want to record 3 shows at the same
time, I only get to choose between 2 of the shows. I don't see a way to
deactivate the show I want least because it's on it's own tuner and not
in conflict.

I think a possible way to handle this problem would be to assign
conflicted shows to tuner 1, then if one of them is deactivated on tuner
1 it moves to tuner 2 and becomes conflicted there, and so on. This
would let you select/cascade your conflicts until you ran out of tuners
and the least desired shows would go unrecorded.

A better way would simply see all the conflicted shows and let you
choose between them, but that would probably require some significant
rewriting and be more complicated code, since it would probably involve
dropping the idea of preassigning specific tuners.