[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend Hangs, 'Waited 2 seconds...'

Ben Stragnell mythlist at codepuppies.com
Wed Oct 29 12:16:06 EST 2003

I am experiencing exactly the same problem - both with version 0.12 (Gentoo ebuild install) and a build from CVS last night. It seems fairly random - I just fire up mythfrontend, go to Live TV, and leave it. It sometimes runs for an hour or two, but sooner or later the picture freezes, and it stops responding to keypresses. Mythbackend continues to run ok, and restarting mythfrontend works fine.

Asus Pundit, P4 2.4GHz, 512MB (snd-intel8x0 audio driver, SiS 651 video driver)
Hauppage WinTV-Go (bttv v4l driver)
Gentoo, 2.4.22 kernel
Mysql 4.0.14-r2
Qt 3.1.2-r4
XFree 4.3.0-r3
Lirc 0.6.6-r1

Currently running under gdb... of course now that I want it to freeze it won't :(