[mythtv-users] PVR-350 tv out frozen.

Sam Byrne mythtv at ardentworks.com
Wed Oct 29 09:58:31 EST 2003

Sorry about forgetting specific details.  Use this driver from
hauppauge:
http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/pvr250/pvr250_17_21226.exe
and execute the following to get the firmware:
$ cd ivtv/ivtv/utils
$ su
$ ./ivtvfwextract.pl pvr250_17_21199.exe

The last three lines are from http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html

Sam
On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 07:35, Sam Byrne wrote:
> A co-worker of mine explained that same scenario.  He said the reason
> why the card is locking the machine is because it is attempting to load
> a channel that does not exist.  Try going to hauppauge's web site and
> downloading the latest firmware for the pvr 350.  According to my
> associate, that was what solved the problem.
>
> Sam
> On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 07:23, jose rubio wrote:
> > I have the tv-out on the pvr-350.  I loaded the latest ivtv source from
> >
> > http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/axboe/ivtv/
> >
> > It compiles fine, it runs fine UNTIL I hit either the 'i' key or the
> > up/down arrows while watching live-tv.  Then it freezes.  No keyboard
> > response, no mouse motion, can't ssh into machine.  I need to power
> > off/on.
> >
> > No ideas how to diagnose the problem either.  there's no log left over
> > that I can tell and the screen from which I run mythfrontend gives no
> > output at all.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >

> > -jose-

"ArdentWorks. Because complex information systems don't have to be."
Sam Byrne
P.O. Box 2259
Colorado Springs, CO 80901-2259
Tel. 719-964-3808 E-mail sam at ardentworks.com