[mythtv-users] 0.12 slowness

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 29 01:18:44 EST 2003

On Oct 28, 2003, at 4:59 PM, Mark wrote:

> Just upgraded to 0.12, and it seems really slow.  Every function seems
> to take a second or so to
> do.  Pull up the guide, takes a second.  End of recording, and delete
> screen pops up, takes a second.
> Cursor between shows in the recordings screen, and it's slow. 0.10 was
> very fast.  0.11 was pretty fast.  0.12 is pretty slow. System is a
> AMD 2500+ Barton, 512Ram, KDE, dedicated, etc.  Pretty speedy system.
>
> Anyone else notice this?  I don't think there's anything running
> that's not supposed to be.  top shows the usual mysql multiple
> entries, mythbackend and frontend multiple entries, and
> usual system stuff.

You know, I actually noticed something similar on one test install I
did. Also not a slow machine (dual Athlon MP 2000, 1GB of RAM, Gnome).
Very sluggish response moving around the GUI... I later reinstalled,
and everything is noticeably snappier. Never did figure out what
happened...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE