[mythtv-users] Lost audio on Pundit SPDIF audio out.

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Oct 28 18:29:45 EST 2003

On Monday, Oct 27, 2003, at 21:50 US/Pacific, Gary Raposo wrote:

> Hi Jarod (and anyone else following along)...
>
> Thanks for the help... unfortunately, the fix was to get an analog RCA
> stereo cable to run my audio from the line out on the Pundit to my
> receiver.  I think I'm looking at a hardware problem here since
> there's nothing in software that stands out as being a problem.
> Everything was working smoothly and then just stopped.
>
> Anyhow, when I get a chance I'm going to slap Windows on there just
> long enough to test the SPDIF output then I'll be able to rule out
> Linux and those crazy ALSA drivers.  I guess I should start trying to
> figure out how to get warranty service on this Pundit just in case.

Well damn. Out of curiosity, have you tried installing and firing up
gnome-alsamixer? It presents stuff in a much more logical fashion than
cli alsamixer, and is far more complete than kmix or any other gui
sound card config app. Perhaps something will show up in the lower area
there that doesn't elsewhere... (I've seen alsamixer look drastically
different from time to time on the exact same card for some unknown
reason...)

I'd hate for you to have to install Windows! On the note of installing,
time to install my new copy of Mac OS X 10.3...

> Otherwise... MythTV rocks! :)

Indeed. =]

--Jarod

--