[mythtv-users] re: MPEG2->MPEG4 transcoding under .12

Ben Curtis fmstratk at coronium.com
Tue Oct 28 13:45:07 EST 2003

> > I have a RH9 PVR-350 system and upgraded to .12 today via
> > sources. I can't get working auto-transcoding from MPEG2
> > (done in hardware by the PVR-350) to MPEG4. Specifically,
> > I get the error "Illegal profile : autodetect".
>
> The problem turned out to be that the mythtranscode from .11 was running
> instead of .12. Fixed. (The RPMs installed it to /usr/bin; the sources
> defaulted to /usr/local/bin.)
>
> I then encountered the error "Unknown Video Codec". I changed
> Transcoders->MPEG2 to use MPEG4, and things now seem to work. I get the
> message "strange error flushing buffer ...", but that doesn't seem to be
> fatal.
>
> Ellen

I have a simmilar issue.  I installed new from sources, defaulted to
/usr/local/bin in .12.  It was saying it couldn't find mythtranscode
because it was looking for it in /usr/bin (seems like a problem in the
package to me).

However, I now get the "strange error flushing buffer ..." problem, but my
transcode never completes.  It gets to about 4 megs and stops.  The status
in the transcoding table is 53.

Ben