[mythtv-users] slight database problem v.12 RPM

Bruce Ruona bruona at chartermi.net
Mon Oct 27 22:16:53 EST 2003

after blowing up my entire system over the weekend...I decided the best fix
was a whole clean install...so...

Following the most excellent guide by Jarod, on a Fresh clean and pristine
RH 9.0 install, everything was going smashingly...ivtv setup fully
functional, Lirc functional, test capture working perfectly, PVR250 card
detected properly, audio working...I came to the database setup.

I created the mythtv, mythmusic, mygame, mythgallery DB Tables per the
instructions. and then ran the next step, MYTHTVSETUP...where I received
this error...

# mythtvsetup
Told to create a NEW database schema, but the database already
has 11 tables.
If you are sure this is a good mythtv database, verify
that the settings table has the DBSchemaVer variable.

ok..fine..so I'll just drop the entire database ...
dropping the Mythconverg database completely via mysqladmin results in this:

# mythtvsetup
Unable to connect to database!
Driver error was [1/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect