[mythtv-users] record shows to different location than cache

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Oct 27 16:16:53 EST 2003

> Right but that is for where mythtv stores both recorded programs and where
> it stores the live tv buffer.  I'm able to mount an nfs dir and save
> everything to the mounted dir, but I wanted to separate the two.  I don't

The LiveTV buffer and the recordings directory are 2 different settings.
I have my LiveTV pointed at /opt/mythtv and my recordings saving on an
nfs-mounted directory on /usr2/video/mythtv/recordings

I don't remember what setup screen they are on, but know they are different.

You can even point multiple backends at the same recordings directory, there
are several developers and users doing that.  I have /usr2/video on my
fileserver with lots of space and mount that directory on all my backends
and frontends.  If a frontend has access to the file directly (ie, via an
nfs-mounted directory), then the frontend will read the file itself
rather than asking the backend to read the file and stream it to the
frontend.

--

Chris