[mythtv-users] record shows to different location than cache

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 27 16:04:32 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 14:39, mvalites at yankees-suck.org wrote:
> I'm running mythtv 0.11-6 on debian unstable.  I've got it set up to use a
> remote db.  My frontend is running on a shuttlepc inside my entertainment
> console, and only has a 4GB disk in it.  I don't want to put a large disk
> in there for concerns of heat in enclosed spaces.  On the 4GB disk,
> there's 2GB dedicated to the mythtv cache, which is ample amount of space
> for my tv-rewinding needs.  I'd like to be able to have recordings go
> directly to a remote disk (the same machine as the db), since I have a ton
> of space there.  I can nfs mount the disk on the frontend, but there
> doesn't seem to be any option to save recordings there.  Can this be done
> or am I stuck with keeping the recorded show on the local disk?  How much
> code would need to be changed in order to get this to work?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> ~Matt
AFAIK you can save recordings to any mounted system you want... as long
as your network connection is fast enough.  Just mount your drive, run
setup/setup and tell it where to record or create a link
For example, if your backend is storing to /mnt/store and you want it to
store to /mnt/nfsdrive then just do ln -s /mnt/nfsdrive /mnt/store.
be careful not to overwrite any recording you may already have...

-jose-