[mythtv-users] Re: IVTV Problem

Keola infptlh02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Oct 27 10:48:47 EST 2003

>It was just Wednesday or Thursday that >Axel updated the ivtv rpms. Due
>to a lack of clarity on licensing >issues, for legal reasons, he removed
>the firmware from them.

>Try this on for size:

># wget
>http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/pvr250/pvr250_17_21226.exe
># /usr/lib/ivtv/ivtvfwextract.pl >pvr250_17_21226.exe

>That'll drop the latest firmware in >place for you, then try the
>modprobe again. I'm in the midst of >updating the docs as I type, new
>version should be up later tonight.

>--Jarod

Jarod, that got segmentation fault errors to go away for me.  I have a PVR-350 (and a second tuner, a PVR-250 that's not installed yet).

When I go to the next step on the guide...

# cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test_capture.mpg

... it just records static or snow.  No error messages are generated, so I'm not sure what to do from here.  Thanks for helping a n00b... I wouldn't even be this far without your step-by-step guide.

Keola