[mythtv-users] updated mythlink.sh

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Oct 27 00:28:03 EST 2003

At 10:41 PM 10/26/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>I made some additional updates and tweaks to mythlink.sh which I think makes
>it much more useful for accessing the recorded programs from Windows.
>
>Let me know what you think of these changes. My family has been using them
>today and are very happy with the ease of use that it provides.

Joel,

As the guy who originally submitted this, I'm pleased to see your
changes.  A buddy of mine wrote it as a favour to me, and the changes you
have made make it even more useful.  I was discussing with the original
author that this, with a tie in to MythWeb  linking to the windows file
share files, could operate as a "poor man's" front end, so you could, for
example, watch your recordings and schedule new ones from anywhere in the
house using your Windows laptop.  I have XP on a Dell that can play the
videos back but the TV out isn't supported under Linux (ATI
Mobility).  Linking this symlink dir in with Mythweb could provide some
interesting alternatives.

Again, good work and thanks for the updates.  I'll let Dale Gass, the
original author, know.

-Jeff