[mythtv-users] Re: Redhat 9/LIRC/Hauppauge PVR 250 issues (of course)

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 21:05:55 EST 2003

Aug,

I also have a PVR-250 and what feels like forever I
could not get the black remote to work. I caught on to
the bleeding edge reference a few days ago. Just this
morning, after a fresh install of the OS, Myth, and
LIRC I finally got the system to recognize commands
when I ran $ /usr/bin/irw. This is straight from
install, no changes to serial ports, etc.

My fix? Turns out the batteries that come with the PVR
are worthless. I caught on when I pointed the remote
(in frustration) at an IR repeater that I have on my
multimedia center. The repeater did not light up. With
that clue, put in fresh AAA and the repeater and
system now work.

Hope that works for you. If you have the black remote,
would you mind sharing your lirc config file with me?

Thanks!