[mythtv-users] re: MPEG2->MPEG4 transcoding under .12

Ellen Spertus spertus at mills.edu
Sun Oct 26 18:49:08 EST 2003

I wrote:

> I have a RH9 PVR-350 system and upgraded to .12 today via
> sources. I can't get working auto-transcoding from MPEG2
> (done in hardware by the PVR-350) to MPEG4. Specifically,
> I get the error "Illegal profile : autodetect".

The problem turned out to be that the mythtranscode from .11 was running
instead of .12.  Fixed.  (The RPMs installed it to /usr/bin; the sources
defaulted to /usr/local/bin.)

I then encountered the error "Unknown Video Codec".  I changed
Transcoders->MPEG2 to use MPEG4, and things now seem to work.  I get the
message "strange error flushing buffer ...", but that doesn't seem to be
fatal.

Ellen