[mythtv-users] DCT2000 cable box and mythtv

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Sun Oct 26 03:39:41 EST 2003

> mythtv/contrib/dct-channel-1.3.tar.gz
>
> Check the README files.  Either program should work.  Currently more
> people are using the former.  But the latter is probably (IMHO) the
> future direction of channel changing on the DCT2000 series boxes.
> (There, Jim - I've said it.  ;) )

Taking over the world, one crappy utility at a time. :)

Just made dct-channel 1.5 with the attached list of changes (since
1.3).  The serial port locking is important for MythTV, since it
doesn't wait for the process to finish executing and may spawn more
before it's done.  Isaac, could you replace dct-channel-1.3.tar.gz
with this when you get a chance?

http://graviton.mit.edu/~bigjim/dct-channel-1.5.tar.gz

-jim

1.5, 2003-10-26
	Wait for extra status messages after changing channel; without
        it, clearing the OSD would usually fail because we wouldn't
        know the proper sequence number

	Serial port is now locked properly to prevent multiple copies
        of channel from running.  If the port is locked, a new
        instance will wait up to 30 seconds for the lock to go away.

1.4, 2003-10-20
	Added new commandline options:
	      -f to ignore some errors during initialization
	      -n to never send KEY_POWER
	      -b to act just like the old Python script