[mythtv-users] PVR 350 video and audio output

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 25 15:54:02 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 19:30, Clay wrote:
> I'm just about ready to order the hardware necessary for my Myth
> machine, but realized a few things I'm still unsure about.
>
> I plan on getting a PVR 350 for its superior TV-out.  I also have read
> a few posts about how audio/video sync problems are really nonexistent
> with the 350.  However, would problems come up if I used the 350's
> output for video and the EPIA's on-board SPDIF output for audio?  Or
> would I be recommended to use the 350's audio and video output to avoid
> any potential problems?  I will definitely be utilizing Myth for lots
> of live TV viewing, if that equates into the question.  (I am
> considering in the future using my Myth machine for DVD playback, thus
> the six-channel SPDIF output, but that will be after I get Myth working
> the way I want it.)

I don't think you can split the video and sound if you are going to use
the 350's tv out.  Even if you could, you'll have a hell of a time
sync-ing the two.

> I also want to use my Myth machine for a Nintendo (NES) emulator.  Will
> that work with the PVR 350's output, or would I need to put the PVR 350
> on one channel of my receiver for video, and the EPIA's output on
> another channel for everything non-video and switch back and forth?

AFAIK the tv out of the 350 only works for tv out and X.  I have not
able to make it work with mplayer or xine...  TV quality is great
though.

> Thanks for your time and any possible help.
>
> ----

-jose-