[mythtv-users] Fresh install from scratch, mysql "No Database Selected" error

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 08:33:19 EDT 2003

Just reinstalled from the OS up. A Couple of puzzling
isses, the most current being mysql. When I follow
Jarod's documentation I get the following:

[root at PVRBACKEND01 mythtv]# mysql -u rootmysql
Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or
\g.
Your MySQL connection id is 1 to server version:
3.23.58

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the
buffer.

mysql> UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('password')
WHERE user='root';
ERROR 1046: No Database Selected

I think there is a typo in Jarod's documentation for
WHEREuser, where I changed it to WHERE user (for the
newbies out there).  The space makes a difference, but
I'm still getting the Database Selected error.

I did some research and tried the use command but got
the following:

mysql> use mythconverg;
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to
database 'mythconverg'
mysql>

Fresh install, so I'm puzzled by both errors.