[mythtv-users] PVR350 and OSD, X, divx and so on...

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sat Oct 25 00:43:28 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 22:52, Ian Forde wrote:

> Wait a tic - I just realized what you were asking.    When you said
> "PVR", you meant "PVR-350".  With this understanding, I change my answer
> to "I don't know."  If the PVR-350 provides a /dev/dspX for ALSA, then
> you should just be able to send the audio to your sound card instead...
> Otherwise you'll be in the situation where you can get sound out of one
> device when watching (live or prerecorded) tv, and out of the other when
> using mythvideo and mythmusic.  I would surmise that you would probably
> get /dev/dspX devices, otherwise someone would have mentioned it loudly
> by now... ;)

As I get it the PVR-350 gets the complete mpeg stream decodes video and
audio and sends the two streams to its video and audio output
respectively. So I expect to have analogue stereo (with prologic if
available) on the PVR's jack and when playing mp3 or xine video the
audio (stereo or ac3) will go through alsa to the spdif of my sound
card.

Torsten