[mythtv-users] OSD Font?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 24 13:53:42 EDT 2003

Top-posting rearranged.

On Friday 24 October 2003 15:26, Curtis Stanford wrote:

> > > The list is hardcoded in
> > > programs/mythfrontend/globalsettings.cpp, I believe.
> >
> > I've got code in my cvs tree to make the OSD font lists get read in
> > from the directory, look for it in CVS tomorrow hopefully.
>
> Cool, thanks man. Is there any reason it can't use the fonts
> available in X like the rest of the GUI?

I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but that's never stopped
me before... I believe the reason is that the OSD is not an X
primitive, but instead is a rendered image that is multiplexed into the
video output stream; hence it's not so simple to use X's font rendering
mechanism.

But I could be wrong...

-JAC